Sanden “Eco®” Hot Water Heat Pump System
Save up to 78% of your electric storage hot water energy costs, year after year!
The Sanden “Eco®” Hot Water Heat Pump System is a highly energy-efficient replacement for your traditional electric hot water system. It absorbs heat from the air and transfers it to heat water, in a way that saves energy, saves money and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
Energy Savings with the Sanden Hot Water Heat Pump System
A Sanden Hot Water Heat Pump uses industry-leading technology found in refrigeration and air conditioning units, where energy is drawn in from the ambient atmosphere and transferred into heat. An Ozone friendly refrigerant CO2 (R744) absorbs the heat, which then flows into a compressor where it’s converted into a high-temperature gas. Then, it passes through a condenser within the water tank and the water is heated up. No backup elements are required.
The result is a system that requires radically less electricity to heat water when compared to conventional hot water systems. In fact, the initiative will save up to 78 per cent on a hot water bill, year after year.
Sanden Hot Water Heat Pump uses 1kW of energy to generate 4.5kW of heat; in comparison to conventional electric storage systems, Sanden Eco® can save up to 78% of your electric hot water energy costs, year after year. When considering that further electricity price hikes of 30 per cent by 2013 are set to hit households, which have already suffered a 40 per cent rise in electricity prices in the 3 years to 2010, it becomes the best, financially sustainable option on the market.
Sanden “Eco®” Hot Water Heat Pump System Features & benefits
- The superior design of a Sanden Eco® Hot Water Heat Pump ensures industry leading energy efficiency using only 22% of the energy required by an electric storage hot water system.
- With Innovative technology Sanden’s heat pump features up to 50 per cent faster heat recovery. In ambient air of 20 degrees it takes just 4 hours to heat 315 litres of water from 17 degrees to 65 degrees. An in-built freeze protection makes hot water heat pump system suitable for all of Australia’s climates throughout the entire year
- The Sanden Eco Hot Water Heat Pump is perfect to use with Off-Peak Electricity for even more savings.
- The system is ranked alongside solar energy in terms of environmental friendliness and as such it is eligible for rebates and other government incentives. The most STC rewards for energy efficiency, means you enjoy a greater discount on the purchase price.
- The Sanden “Eco®” Hot Water Heat Pump System has a 3 year warranty. The Stainless Steel Storage Tank has a class leading 15 year warranty, providing you with peace of mind when installing your Sanden “Eco®” Hot Water Heat Pump System. It is also backed by Sanden’s 30 years of operation in Australia.
- Easy Hot Water Split System Installation; much like a conventional electric system, and features flexible tank location.
- The heat pump unit features a whisper quiet operation, making it neighbourhood friendly.
How Does the Sanden “Eco®” Hot Water Heat Pump System Work?
The Sanden “Eco®” Hot Water Heat Pump System works in a different way compared to a conventional electric hot water system. The Sanden “Eco®” Hot Water Heat Pump System operates like a refrigerator in reverse. It contains a fan that forces air through an evaporator that contains a refrigerant. The heat in the air passes through the evaporator and is absorbed by a natural refrigerant, CO2 (R744), which is ozone friendly and does not contribute to global warming.
The warm gaseous refrigerant is circulated in the system via a compressor. As it passes through the compressor, its pressure rises, as does its temperature. This hot refrigerant then passes through a heat exchanger to heat the water, which is finally pumped to the storage tank.
As the Sanden “Eco®” Hot Water Heat Pump System uses CO2 (R744) refrigerant technology, the amount of electrical energy required to heat the water is significantly less than that required by a conventional electric hot water system.
In fact, the Sanden “Eco®” Hot Water Heat Pump System consumes 1kW of electricity to generate 4.5 kW of heat (COP = 4.5*), which equates to 22% of the energy used by a conventional electric system. Consequently, with the Sanden “Eco” Hot Water Heat Pump System, you can save up to 78% of your conventional electric hot water energy costs!
Which hot water system should I choose?
Sanden has two hot water systems to choose from, model numbers GAUS–315EQTD and GAUS–315EQTE. The only difference between these is the physical size of the tank. The GAUS–315EQTE offers a tall, thin tank, while the GAUS–315EQTD offers a short, fat tank. Which one you choose depends on the space requirements of the location where you are installing it. Please speak to your Dealer/Installer about making the best choice for your location.